A little background on why I named this blog what I did.

I should probably do a little explaining on my title of this blog. First my last name is White. Therefore I live in the "White House." Living in the "White House" makes me the 1st Lady. My physical address says I live in Westwood Ca. (not the one by Los Angeles) but a little mountain town in Northeastern Ca. However I really live in a section out of Westwood known as Pinetown. With all the joking going on between my friends, I inevitably became Pinetowns 1st Lady living in the "White House." With all that said, this is just going to be a more personal blog of my life here in Westwood/Pinetown. My family and friends being a big part of it.
Originally I really wanted to take a picture a day for one year and post it on this blog. Perhaps like a photo diary. My life though is quite quiet and perhaps is not photo worthy for a picture a day but I plan on trying. So why not hop in and take a ride with me through little mountain town U.S.A. You may just love it as much as I do!
Photobucket

Allison

Tricked out name tag? not needed where I live Day 63

Map of California highlighting Lassen CountyImage via WikipediaImage via WikipediaIn the process of me deciding to try to make this blog, an ongoing 365 day blog of my own life in Lassen County I had to realize that to express or convey some sort of substance on a daily basis was not to be easy! My life is slow here. I do not live the hustle and bustle of those yesterdays that I am so thankful for not having to do anymore. I like love the peace and the quiet that I had yearned for when I was young. However with that said, it is difficult to come up with a daily "something."
I have put this blog on Feedburner and I do have it listed in Blog Catalog, a place I have always been so thrilled I have found, but that could be a post for another day! LOL. I have never however even announced it to either of these places. It is just there. I also know hardly anyone is going to be interested in the very mundane days of a woman they do not even knows world.
But with that I have found my own surprise. It has been beginning to form as each of my posts grow more confident and with less worries as I had when I started.With these posts that I know HAVE to be butt boring to most, I am finding myself.
How? simple really.
I am showing myself what I have always felt was important and meaningful to me, Allison!
I do not mean Allison the daughter
I do not mean Allison the mother,
I do not mean Allison the grandmother
I do not mean Allison the friend
I do not mean Allison the sister, the aunt nor the wife.
Nope! just plain ol' me, Allison.
And that is what this post is all about.
This is my local and only true grocery store in the town of Westwood. It is Youngs Super Market. The local family ran store that has been here long before I moved here for good in 1979.
This is Barbara. Barbara was a fixture in a store that is on the highway, called the "Y" market. This is the place I had really been introduced to her. She seemed to always be working every time I was ever visiting. However with the store being located on the actual highway (Highway 36) which runs from the coast all the way to the Nevada border. (In Susanville it starts to be known as as 395 South with remnants of the old highway 36 signs). I usually lived in town where Young's Super Market is located and usually shopped there (at Young's.) A few years back, Barbara started working at Young's Super Market and now I see her there just about every time I go shopping.
It is these sorts of pictures I am learning on my own, with my attempt to pull this off for a year, just how wonderful it is to go into a store, and get a picture and a beautiful smile from a woman that has perhaps not been a major part of my life but significant (as in Barbara has never been to my house nor I hers) but to be able to be allowed to take a picture and share it and learn something more today for my own self.
And to know her name "without a tricked out name tag" but by simply living together in a very small town
YES!!!
It is these moments that remind me Allison wy I am still here, in Westwood, Ca. 96137

This is the rest of my "main street"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy Hi!
I would love to hear what you have to say. Why not leave me a comment?
Allison


View Larger Map This is where I live. To the right of Westwood barely visible is the little section I live in called Pinetown. We have probably 150 to 200 people for our population. Westwood on the other hand is HUGE by comparison with a population of around 2000!
Photobucket
Add to Technorati Favorites
Help end world hunger
Added on 2-9-09


A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!

A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!
Lots of Hugz and PEACE!!!