A little background on why I named this blog what I did.

I should probably do a little explaining on my title of this blog. First my last name is White. Therefore I live in the "White House." Living in the "White House" makes me the 1st Lady. My physical address says I live in Westwood Ca. (not the one by Los Angeles) but a little mountain town in Northeastern Ca. However I really live in a section out of Westwood known as Pinetown. With all the joking going on between my friends, I inevitably became Pinetowns 1st Lady living in the "White House." With all that said, this is just going to be a more personal blog of my life here in Westwood/Pinetown. My family and friends being a big part of it.
Originally I really wanted to take a picture a day for one year and post it on this blog. Perhaps like a photo diary. My life though is quite quiet and perhaps is not photo worthy for a picture a day but I plan on trying. So why not hop in and take a ride with me through little mountain town U.S.A. You may just love it as much as I do!
Photobucket

Allison

Mother Nature had a good cry today Day 62

Today has been a very and much needed rainy day. A day when you do not even want to really venture outside. A day that if I were a little bit different in my way of thinking I simply would not have even gotton dressed. Getting dressed on a day like today seems almost foolish.  The wind is blowing in such a boisterous gale that my hatless head would become no more than a 60's beehive hairdo, the rain an unwanted shower. Mother nature has done today what has been needed for quite awhile, and other than this little rant I am thankful she is here.
     On a lighter side because of her appearance I was wondering how I would pull off a picture of the day.
But I was lucky!
My son and his girlfriend along with my  Jeremiah Lee came over to see dear old mom and try to brighten up her day. So with my camera in hand my picture(s) of the day is Travis and Tiffany reading this blog for the very first time. They had not been told yet by me that I had started this one. However day before yesterday, my young one Hunter E. and his brother Troy decided to "Google"  Pinetowns First Lady and they found it. So my secret is out. (It wasn't meant to be a lifelong secret but perhaps a 3 or 4 month period before I planned on sharing in case I could not keep it up) so I decided to tell Travis and Tiffany myself before the cat, (that would be alley-cat) got out of the bag!
 
  
and just to show how much water we got today, these are pictures of my chairs on our newly built front porch and the water they were able to hold. All in all "Today was a VERY rainy day"
It is almost scary to think of what it may have been like if this were or had been all snow!

Oh and did I mention alllllll the pine needles, "A blowin' in the wind"




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy Hi!
I would love to hear what you have to say. Why not leave me a comment?
Allison


View Larger Map This is where I live. To the right of Westwood barely visible is the little section I live in called Pinetown. We have probably 150 to 200 people for our population. Westwood on the other hand is HUGE by comparison with a population of around 2000!
Photobucket
Add to Technorati Favorites
Help end world hunger
Added on 2-9-09


A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!

A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!
Lots of Hugz and PEACE!!!