A little background on why I named this blog what I did.

I should probably do a little explaining on my title of this blog. First my last name is White. Therefore I live in the "White House." Living in the "White House" makes me the 1st Lady. My physical address says I live in Westwood Ca. (not the one by Los Angeles) but a little mountain town in Northeastern Ca. However I really live in a section out of Westwood known as Pinetown. With all the joking going on between my friends, I inevitably became Pinetowns 1st Lady living in the "White House." With all that said, this is just going to be a more personal blog of my life here in Westwood/Pinetown. My family and friends being a big part of it.
Originally I really wanted to take a picture a day for one year and post it on this blog. Perhaps like a photo diary. My life though is quite quiet and perhaps is not photo worthy for a picture a day but I plan on trying. So why not hop in and take a ride with me through little mountain town U.S.A. You may just love it as much as I do!
Photobucket

Allison

This is My Space Day 35

Whenever you the reader comes to visit me , either here, or Just My Day Blog or This too shall pass (thru) and of course I am not going without bringing up my most important and serious website at Wood Alley the pictures below shows where I am doing my posting from. This is my little corner of the world. "My Space" if you will.
This house was purchased by my husbands grandfather in 1952 for the amount of $700.00. and at the time it was already an old home. My husbands grandfather did quite a bit of working on this old house. Originally a one bedroom house, he added onto it and made it into a 2 bedroom home, and built a hallway with a bathroom in the back of the house. My husband acquired it in 1980 due to his grandfathers death. He and his wife raised their two boys in this home. They were 9 and 1 years old at the time. As soon as they moved in here, my husband and his wife tore out the wall to the second bedroom to make the living quarters of the actual house larger, and this is the room pictured below. The attic then was redone by my husband and is the length of this house. This was made into his sons bedroom, to get up to their bedroom was a set of pull down stairs that was already in this home for access to the attic. In this room pictured below is now a set of stairs that my husband built that cannot be seen in these pictures but are directly behind me as I took these pictures. The pull down steps are still here, they are simply tucked up and away on the ceiling of our living room.
So here is my little corner of my world, my room, my space, that I call my own.
As you can see I have a few of my woodworking projects along with some really old pictures. On the desk you can see 2 white "ashtrays" filled with misc. stuff. I got these from my fathers house when I was there at Christmas time. I made these in kindergarten and on the bottom of both of them it reads Allison 1964 and then the letter K for kindergarten. I am so glad my teacher at the time did this for me and all my classmates. I could have so easily forgot what year or what grade I was in. So my post for today in Pinetown Lassen County is my little corner where I am writing this right now! and a little bit of history of an old house to go with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy Hi!
I would love to hear what you have to say. Why not leave me a comment?
Allison


View Larger Map This is where I live. To the right of Westwood barely visible is the little section I live in called Pinetown. We have probably 150 to 200 people for our population. Westwood on the other hand is HUGE by comparison with a population of around 2000!
Photobucket
Add to Technorati Favorites
Help end world hunger
Added on 2-9-09


A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!

A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!
Lots of Hugz and PEACE!!!