A little background on why I named this blog what I did.

I should probably do a little explaining on my title of this blog. First my last name is White. Therefore I live in the "White House." Living in the "White House" makes me the 1st Lady. My physical address says I live in Westwood Ca. (not the one by Los Angeles) but a little mountain town in Northeastern Ca. However I really live in a section out of Westwood known as Pinetown. With all the joking going on between my friends, I inevitably became Pinetowns 1st Lady living in the "White House." With all that said, this is just going to be a more personal blog of my life here in Westwood/Pinetown. My family and friends being a big part of it.
Originally I really wanted to take a picture a day for one year and post it on this blog. Perhaps like a photo diary. My life though is quite quiet and perhaps is not photo worthy for a picture a day but I plan on trying. So why not hop in and take a ride with me through little mountain town U.S.A. You may just love it as much as I do!
Photobucket

Allison

Lassen County in the fall - Day 36

Another beautiful day here in Lassen County . the weather is beautiful. My outdoor/indoor thermometer read 36 degrees outside when I woke up. Cold enough to get that wood stove burning some more. Just enough to take the chill out of the house. Then as the sun proceeded to throw herself on my front porch , the doors were opened and that wonderful smell of good old fashioned clean air (from the rain) was so welcoming.I love this time of year, all the trees leaves are showing off and giving us their majestic show of colors.
I have learned living here this is the time of year to take your last comfortable walks and just inhale the beauty that surrounds you. It normally will not be long now till the beauty that surrounds around here is in shades of white, with newly fallen snow. So it's time to take that walk and bring in what mother nature gives you for just a short time up here and enjoy! enjoy! enjoy! and that is what we did!
Buick and Nala and I took a walk amongst the trees and the chipmunks,
savoring what I only know and that is this won't be happening very much longer where the dogs and I take our favorite route of our favorite walk up here
It will not be until next spring before we will be able to walk these trails again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy Hi!
I would love to hear what you have to say. Why not leave me a comment?
Allison


View Larger Map This is where I live. To the right of Westwood barely visible is the little section I live in called Pinetown. We have probably 150 to 200 people for our population. Westwood on the other hand is HUGE by comparison with a population of around 2000!
Photobucket
Add to Technorati Favorites
Help end world hunger
Added on 2-9-09


A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!

A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!
Lots of Hugz and PEACE!!!