A little background on why I named this blog what I did.

I should probably do a little explaining on my title of this blog. First my last name is White. Therefore I live in the "White House." Living in the "White House" makes me the 1st Lady. My physical address says I live in Westwood Ca. (not the one by Los Angeles) but a little mountain town in Northeastern Ca. However I really live in a section out of Westwood known as Pinetown. With all the joking going on between my friends, I inevitably became Pinetowns 1st Lady living in the "White House." With all that said, this is just going to be a more personal blog of my life here in Westwood/Pinetown. My family and friends being a big part of it.
Originally I really wanted to take a picture a day for one year and post it on this blog. Perhaps like a photo diary. My life though is quite quiet and perhaps is not photo worthy for a picture a day but I plan on trying. So why not hop in and take a ride with me through little mountain town U.S.A. You may just love it as much as I do!
Photobucket

Allison

Flowers and "Slower"

The main reason for me going down south was to see my 88 year old ailing father. These next picyures are of a plant my husband and I drove down to southern Ca. to give my father 4 or 5 years ago, and to this day I believe it is by far the most beautiful in his patio.Since my hubby did not take this trip with me I took pictures of this plant to show hi how well it is still doing. It is absolutely beautiful, would you not agree!
 
  
The next pics are of our family's pet tortoise. We got this tortoise when I was a mere 2 years old. We had it checked by a veterinarian at the time and it was estimated this tortoise was between 50 and 60 years old then. So you are looking at a picture of a 100 to 110 year old tortoise. He and a female showed up literally on my parents driveway. It was a brand new development of homes going up and every thing around was being un earthed. The remarkable thing about these 2 were they were a mating pair and had babies every year. They did these huge holes in the yard, lay there eggs, and then you have babies! (no sex ed here folks! LOL!!!) But it was quite remarkable.They had stories wrote up about them in the local papers in those years. The female died about 6 years ago. They hibernate all winter long, and Dad said that he had only been out of hibernayion for a couple weeks when I arrived.After them being nameless for a couple years my parents allowed me to name them. I was around 5 years old at the time. They were named by me a 5 year old girl, slow and slower.
May I introduce to you slower

 
  
  
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy Hi!
I would love to hear what you have to say. Why not leave me a comment?
Allison


View Larger Map This is where I live. To the right of Westwood barely visible is the little section I live in called Pinetown. We have probably 150 to 200 people for our population. Westwood on the other hand is HUGE by comparison with a population of around 2000!
Photobucket
Add to Technorati Favorites
Help end world hunger
Added on 2-9-09


A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!

A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!
Lots of Hugz and PEACE!!!