A little background on why I named this blog what I did.

I should probably do a little explaining on my title of this blog. First my last name is White. Therefore I live in the "White House." Living in the "White House" makes me the 1st Lady. My physical address says I live in Westwood Ca. (not the one by Los Angeles) but a little mountain town in Northeastern Ca. However I really live in a section out of Westwood known as Pinetown. With all the joking going on between my friends, I inevitably became Pinetowns 1st Lady living in the "White House." With all that said, this is just going to be a more personal blog of my life here in Westwood/Pinetown. My family and friends being a big part of it.
Originally I really wanted to take a picture a day for one year and post it on this blog. Perhaps like a photo diary. My life though is quite quiet and perhaps is not photo worthy for a picture a day but I plan on trying. So why not hop in and take a ride with me through little mountain town U.S.A. You may just love it as much as I do!
Photobucket

Allison

Old barns, great memories

Sheds, pump hoses,wood sheds, barns, what ever you want to call them, I have always been captivated by them. Starting with childhood memories of an old pump house that used to be behind my great grandmothers house. This pump house made of wood had the "scariest" sound coming from it. My little cousins Sherry and Melody used to tell me "things" about those sounds. I remember being afraid to walk past it when I was so very, very young. This was in Gresham Oregon. Living in Orange County Ca. where there were no barns let alone old pump houses that made noise, it was quite easy to tell me anything about the reason those sounds were coming out of that building. LOL!!!
And ya know? as strange as it may sound, those were/are some of my greatest childhood memories. I guess in my little girlness, I knew my cousins would never do me no harm.
So  as I was walking today I found another ol'shed to take pictures of today. I always love these pictures. There is just something about these old buildings that I suppose will intrigue me forever.
 
See on the right building there. It looks from this view point like it is a wall? Like there is no back to it?
It's pretty darn close. I have no idea what this triangular shaped building is!
 
And from the complete other side, this is around the back of the main house. On the far right you can see just a tip of the main house, a deep dark red. This is the back of the first picture. I look at these outbuildings and wonder what they held. How many years of heat (from wood) it has held. What treasure's may or may not be in them anymore. Perhaps how many children may have played hide and go seek here.
Or maybe, just maybe. A little cousin from Southern Ca. was told stories about what REALLY lurked behind these old wooden walls!

1 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

HA! Your cousins sound like fun! I LOVE old barns and buildings! There is one up by the horses, in the mountains, and next time I go up there, I'm going to photograph it!

Post a Comment

Howdy Hi!
I would love to hear what you have to say. Why not leave me a comment?
Allison


View Larger Map This is where I live. To the right of Westwood barely visible is the little section I live in called Pinetown. We have probably 150 to 200 people for our population. Westwood on the other hand is HUGE by comparison with a population of around 2000!
Photobucket
Add to Technorati Favorites
Help end world hunger
Added on 2-9-09


A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!

A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!
Lots of Hugz and PEACE!!!