A little background on why I named this blog what I did.

I should probably do a little explaining on my title of this blog. First my last name is White. Therefore I live in the "White House." Living in the "White House" makes me the 1st Lady. My physical address says I live in Westwood Ca. (not the one by Los Angeles) but a little mountain town in Northeastern Ca. However I really live in a section out of Westwood known as Pinetown. With all the joking going on between my friends, I inevitably became Pinetowns 1st Lady living in the "White House." With all that said, this is just going to be a more personal blog of my life here in Westwood/Pinetown. My family and friends being a big part of it.
Originally I really wanted to take a picture a day for one year and post it on this blog. Perhaps like a photo diary. My life though is quite quiet and perhaps is not photo worthy for a picture a day but I plan on trying. So why not hop in and take a ride with me through little mountain town U.S.A. You may just love it as much as I do!
Photobucket

Allison

The Peoples Church

When I first came to the town of Westwood one of the most spectacular buildings in my opinion was "The Peoples Church." Inside and out it was breathtaking. As a chuch it had in its day a lot of worshipers, including many from my age group. This was the time the Vietnam war was ending, a time the "hippies" were finding themselves. Where peace and love really meant something and there were those of us who believed it would happen. In this little tiny mountain town in the middle of nowhere was this beautiful church. It even had a bell and a bell tower. The people were kind and you could go to that church "with flowers in your hair" and your favorite pair of jeans. Never been one to judge or be judged there, it was a church that just made you feel good. Not an active member nor an active goer, I can say when we did or when we did not it was all the same. We were never judged for it.
Well life goes on, people come and go in little towns such as these. Weddings and deaths and sometimes the end of an era.
This church was an era. Now long gone. I was told it was sold to a friend of my sons a couple days ago. I decided to go and get some pictures of it before the new owners took it over. It has not been a church in quite a few years and has sat vacant for many. The stain glass windows have been broken out of many of their holdings, by children I am sure that just don't understand.
So for my (many) pictures for today is a church that was very close to my heart in a time that at this very moment feels like forever ago.






And as usual my best for last. Even in the shape it is in on the outside (which under the circumstances I feel is quite good) this next picture is the closest I could come to the intensity of this church even as it sits right now!


I have always said that I have learned more from writing this blog than I ever imagined. Today is no exception.
Writing this post has brought back a flood of memories,and feelings I never would have even imagined.
Wow!!!
PEACE!!!
and love
Allison

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a stunning church and I am glad that it will be saved even if it will not be used as a church anymore.

Post a Comment

Howdy Hi!
I would love to hear what you have to say. Why not leave me a comment?
Allison


View Larger Map This is where I live. To the right of Westwood barely visible is the little section I live in called Pinetown. We have probably 150 to 200 people for our population. Westwood on the other hand is HUGE by comparison with a population of around 2000!
Photobucket
Add to Technorati Favorites
Help end world hunger
Added on 2-9-09


A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!

A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!
Lots of Hugz and PEACE!!!