A little background on why I named this blog what I did.

I should probably do a little explaining on my title of this blog. First my last name is White. Therefore I live in the "White House." Living in the "White House" makes me the 1st Lady. My physical address says I live in Westwood Ca. (not the one by Los Angeles) but a little mountain town in Northeastern Ca. However I really live in a section out of Westwood known as Pinetown. With all the joking going on between my friends, I inevitably became Pinetowns 1st Lady living in the "White House." With all that said, this is just going to be a more personal blog of my life here in Westwood/Pinetown. My family and friends being a big part of it.
Originally I really wanted to take a picture a day for one year and post it on this blog. Perhaps like a photo diary. My life though is quite quiet and perhaps is not photo worthy for a picture a day but I plan on trying. So why not hop in and take a ride with me through little mountain town U.S.A. You may just love it as much as I do!
Photobucket

Allison

Mellow Yellow Monday, I got what I had asked for.

MellowYellowBadge
For a week I have been on the look out for yellow. Searching, investigating, exploring. In pursuit of the elusive yellow in my surroundings. You might even say I have been on a true "yellow" vision quest.

Finding nothing except for a yellow school zone sign that was covered in snow, therefore no longer yellow but mainly white with a bit of yellow sticking out and no indication of what this sign even said I decided it was over, done,through, beyond my reach, end of story. I had been got by the color yellow. It won. I lost.

Laying my head down to sleep, I prayed the lord my soul to keep, (and I also just for the heck of it asked if he would steer me to the color yellow in the morning since I was running out of time.) Since I have never ever asked such a thing before I really did not think he would mind.

There's a saying somewhere that goes something like this; Watch what you ask for you just may get it.

Well I got it!


In the form of the biggest snow storm of the winter. I was awakened by the sound of rolling thunder, when looking out my window, I see yellow, alright, in the form of a grader made for plowing snow.


For a whole lot of yellow and a whole lot of pictures head on over to Mellow Yellow Monday. The link is below

MellowYellowMondayBadge


3 comments:

MYM said...

Oh that's a LOT of snow! I don't miss it at all. But it's nicer when it's clean like that ... it's gets so dirty so fast!

Anonymous said...

You prayed too hard ! LOL !

I skipped last week's Mellow Yellow post because I thought I didn't have good enough pictures.

You can keep the snow !

Allison said...

To Jaffer, Yea, I realize these are not the greatest photos, but I am just having fun with Mellow Yellow Mondays, mainly because it is such a challenge!
PEACE!!!

Post a Comment

Howdy Hi!
I would love to hear what you have to say. Why not leave me a comment?
Allison


View Larger Map This is where I live. To the right of Westwood barely visible is the little section I live in called Pinetown. We have probably 150 to 200 people for our population. Westwood on the other hand is HUGE by comparison with a population of around 2000!
Photobucket
Add to Technorati Favorites
Help end world hunger
Added on 2-9-09


A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!

A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!
Lots of Hugz and PEACE!!!