A little background on why I named this blog what I did.

I should probably do a little explaining on my title of this blog. First my last name is White. Therefore I live in the "White House." Living in the "White House" makes me the 1st Lady. My physical address says I live in Westwood Ca. (not the one by Los Angeles) but a little mountain town in Northeastern Ca. However I really live in a section out of Westwood known as Pinetown. With all the joking going on between my friends, I inevitably became Pinetowns 1st Lady living in the "White House." With all that said, this is just going to be a more personal blog of my life here in Westwood/Pinetown. My family and friends being a big part of it.
Originally I really wanted to take a picture a day for one year and post it on this blog. Perhaps like a photo diary. My life though is quite quiet and perhaps is not photo worthy for a picture a day but I plan on trying. So why not hop in and take a ride with me through little mountain town U.S.A. You may just love it as much as I do!
Photobucket

Allison

4th of July in Westwood

From day one of this blog, I have challenged myself with taking a photo (or more) a day to post here. It has been a goal of mine to never cheat , even a little, by posting a picture that I took that was not actually taken on the day of the date of the post.
The evening of June 28th, my last post I started getting sick, by June 30th in the midle of the night I was hospitilized. I am fine now, just a little weak, however now my blog has no pictures in it from June 29th until today July 4th. This is because I WAS NOT out taking pictures. I was released from the hospital on July 2nd and today on the 4ht of July is the first time I have been out!
In our little town every year they have an all day Blues Festival event on the 4th. Today My husband Dave and I ventured out to Westwood Park and watched several live Blues bands. The weather was great and I got to see a lot of folks I don't seem to run into other times of the year.
So we grabbed a picnic table and sat and watched and listened to the"Blues" allll day long. It was real nice.
 
My son Hunters very best friend Jay became a father to this adorable daughter of his whom they named Jaylynn

 
Louise is a dear friend of mine and also the grandmother to Jaylynn

 
Jaylynn in the stroller and the proud parents
  
Another very old friend of mine Jim with Louise

 
Jim again

 
Another great surprise, I ran into a friend Randy. He had moved a couple years ago and I thought I would never see him again. I am so glad to here they have moved back to Lassen County

 
Randy with oldest daughter Amy

 
Amy & Randy

 
One of the 1st bands. The local kids are dancing up a storm

 
Ruth an old coworker of my husbands and a friend of ours

 
My hubby Dave with Ruth

 
And again. It was nice seeing her, it's been awhile!

 
One of the many food booths. This one offered Elk, Ostrich, and Buffalo burgers, along with a whole bunch of other yummy stuff!

 
Myself with "The Man" or should I say "The Bear" It was nice seeing old smokey again!

 
Friend Jim and son Nate!

 
They also have snowmobile grass drags 

 
  
Here are 2 riders racing for the finish line. The winner? A woman. (I just had to add that! LOL!!!)

 
Ran into my son Travis

 
Another one of the "Blue's Band's"

 
Gal on the left is a longtime friend of mine Kay

 
Kay's new grandbaby.

 
Again

 
Kay and I walked over to where you by beers. I grabbed a shot of these guys whom I did not know but who new Kay

 
After taking the picture above this one, this guy was standing there and said, I am Tom, take a picture of me for your blog, he also mentioned he was from ForestRanch which is over 100 miles away, so I took his picture.
As Kay and I were walking away I asked her "Kay, that guy said he was Tom from Forest Ranch, is that correct? 
Kay looked at me and said, Hell I don't know who that guy was!
I thought that was a little comical.

 
Some more dancers. We (Dave and I) called it a day. I was getting rather tired feeling.
It was a very nice day in lil' ol' Westwood!
The town of Westwood does not have fireworks here afer. To see fireworks, you need to go to our local lake, Lake Almanor.

1 comments:

Debra said...

Oh! I'm so glad you're out of the hospital and that you were able to have such a lovely 4th. Thanks for sharing all those photos--I feel as though I was there! Well, kind-of. :) I kept looking for people I may have known in years gone by, but didn't recognize any. Hmmm.... I know only three people in Westwood, I think. They are Paul and Anita Testa and Teri _____, whose maiden name was Smith (I knew her in Chester). Anyone sound familiar? :) Again, thanks for sharing the pics! Blessings, Debra

Post a Comment

Howdy Hi!
I would love to hear what you have to say. Why not leave me a comment?
Allison


View Larger Map This is where I live. To the right of Westwood barely visible is the little section I live in called Pinetown. We have probably 150 to 200 people for our population. Westwood on the other hand is HUGE by comparison with a population of around 2000!
Photobucket
Add to Technorati Favorites
Help end world hunger
Added on 2-9-09


A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!

A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!
Lots of Hugz and PEACE!!!