A little background on why I named this blog what I did.

I should probably do a little explaining on my title of this blog. First my last name is White. Therefore I live in the "White House." Living in the "White House" makes me the 1st Lady. My physical address says I live in Westwood Ca. (not the one by Los Angeles) but a little mountain town in Northeastern Ca. However I really live in a section out of Westwood known as Pinetown. With all the joking going on between my friends, I inevitably became Pinetowns 1st Lady living in the "White House." With all that said, this is just going to be a more personal blog of my life here in Westwood/Pinetown. My family and friends being a big part of it.
Originally I really wanted to take a picture a day for one year and post it on this blog. Perhaps like a photo diary. My life though is quite quiet and perhaps is not photo worthy for a picture a day but I plan on trying. So why not hop in and take a ride with me through little mountain town U.S.A. You may just love it as much as I do!
Photobucket

Allison

121 Delwood St. Westwood, Ca. 96137

Spring may not be officially here until tomorrow, it sure felt like it today. I needed to see my brother-in-law Ray and although he lives at the very bottom of Delwood, (which is getting past 2 and 1/2 miles from my house to his, I was more than willing to just walk. Today I did not even wear a coat or a jacket. Matter of fact I took a light weight windbreaker that I tied around my waist. It was finally that nice outside.
121 Delwood is my picture(s) of the day. I used to rent this house. One of the older homes in the town of Westwood, it looks just great now compared to when I was renting. It has been bought and is back on the market for sale. Matter of fact it is almost hard to believe it is the same house as when I was renting it. Always did have a cute little lay out to it, I have more memories from this house in Westwood than any place I have lived in the last 30 years since being a Lassen County resident.
Here I had some of my greatest wonderful memories, of fun & friendship. It was here I lived in my 30's. Where I found and met more friends in any other decade of my life. I have always felt like I "grew up" here.
I had found the greatest and the best in people in this house. But it also had a darker side. I also found the worst I had ever seen in the human race. Some of my deepest and darkest moments and memories also revolve around this house. Those spots so very deep into your soul that you can not nor want to ever bring back up again. But it was refreshing to see it being soooo well taken care of and for sale by someone who obviously cares to what happens to it.

Walking "down" Delwood St. towards the apartments
When I backed up to take a picture of 121 Delwood St. I noticed the apple tree on the left of this house all busted up.
New windows, New front door, The porch is gone, but it sure looks good.
Yup, good ol' 121 Delwood Street. That portion on the left of the house on the ground was/is a mini basement. 
This had to have just happened because I was just up this street a couple weeks ago. I am thinking when our last snow storm hit and then add to that the wind, an the fact it is obvious this old apple tree has not been pruned, I suspect it was just to much for these old limbs to hold.
Now; the wood worker in me would love to know, (and intends to find out) what they are going to do with this apple wood!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy Hi!
I would love to hear what you have to say. Why not leave me a comment?
Allison


View Larger Map This is where I live. To the right of Westwood barely visible is the little section I live in called Pinetown. We have probably 150 to 200 people for our population. Westwood on the other hand is HUGE by comparison with a population of around 2000!
Photobucket
Add to Technorati Favorites
Help end world hunger
Added on 2-9-09


A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!

A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!
Lots of Hugz and PEACE!!!