A little background on why I named this blog what I did.

I should probably do a little explaining on my title of this blog. First my last name is White. Therefore I live in the "White House." Living in the "White House" makes me the 1st Lady. My physical address says I live in Westwood Ca. (not the one by Los Angeles) but a little mountain town in Northeastern Ca. However I really live in a section out of Westwood known as Pinetown. With all the joking going on between my friends, I inevitably became Pinetowns 1st Lady living in the "White House." With all that said, this is just going to be a more personal blog of my life here in Westwood/Pinetown. My family and friends being a big part of it.
Originally I really wanted to take a picture a day for one year and post it on this blog. Perhaps like a photo diary. My life though is quite quiet and perhaps is not photo worthy for a picture a day but I plan on trying. So why not hop in and take a ride with me through little mountain town U.S.A. You may just love it as much as I do!
Photobucket

Allison

Herons and Ponderosa's

One of those days where I was fortunate to get a bunch of different pictures. First off Dave and I went to Young's Market when Dave stopped real fast and started backing up. Before I could say anything Dave pointed out a Heron on a stump in Robbers creek. He stopped I got out and did the best I could do with my camera and the angle and where I was standing. I am quite happy with them under the circumstances.
Then awhile later Dave and I decided to go take the dogs for a run out at Moonlight road. Wow, It was a beautiful day and a cold one, but I am quite happy with what I found through my camera lens!


You have to look kind of hard, but that is my husband Dave looking up to the top of this Ponderosa Pine. I actually could not get the whole tree in the lens of my camera. And Dave, well you can only barely see him in the enormity of this HUGE pine!
Awesome


2 comments:

Eric S. said...

beautiful scenes as always. That Heron sitting behind the willows, WOW. We had Ponderosa's too, they are a wonderful tree, and capable of reaching amazing heights. Mostly I just love looking at the mountain scenery, and thinking of home.

Allison said...

Hey again, thanks Eric. I always enjoy you stopping by and I so very much appreciate the comments you leave. We have quite a few Ponderosa's around here. What took me so off guard about this one is where it was at and its height amongst the other tree's! It was just a trip. As far as the heron goes, we have them up here, but to be able to actually get out of a car and get a picture of it sitting where it was at was such a wonderful surprise!

Post a Comment

Howdy Hi!
I would love to hear what you have to say. Why not leave me a comment?
Allison


View Larger Map This is where I live. To the right of Westwood barely visible is the little section I live in called Pinetown. We have probably 150 to 200 people for our population. Westwood on the other hand is HUGE by comparison with a population of around 2000!
Photobucket
Add to Technorati Favorites
Help end world hunger
Added on 2-9-09


A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!

A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!
Lots of Hugz and PEACE!!!