A little background on why I named this blog what I did.

I should probably do a little explaining on my title of this blog. First my last name is White. Therefore I live in the "White House." Living in the "White House" makes me the 1st Lady. My physical address says I live in Westwood Ca. (not the one by Los Angeles) but a little mountain town in Northeastern Ca. However I really live in a section out of Westwood known as Pinetown. With all the joking going on between my friends, I inevitably became Pinetowns 1st Lady living in the "White House." With all that said, this is just going to be a more personal blog of my life here in Westwood/Pinetown. My family and friends being a big part of it.
Originally I really wanted to take a picture a day for one year and post it on this blog. Perhaps like a photo diary. My life though is quite quiet and perhaps is not photo worthy for a picture a day but I plan on trying. So why not hop in and take a ride with me through little mountain town U.S.A. You may just love it as much as I do!
Photobucket

Allison

Old antique wood cook stove

Like I have said before I am really enjoying doing this blog as it has turned into a hobby of sorts, forcing me to look a little deeper at items for pictures. Today I was out walking and I had already taken what I thought would be my picture(s) of the day when something totally unexpected showed itself.


I see this old dog house in the backyard of an abandoned home here in Pinetown on the other end from where I live. And I LOVE old barns/sheds so I decide to take pictures here also.

Walking around it snapping pictures I could not believe my eyes,

When I realized that in the brush was the most beautiful old wood cook stove I had ever seen.
It even has a bread warmer on top!

An old Monarch in perfect condition.

That is to say that nothing was missing,
(The missing top piece above was inside)
All the handles were there, all the doors worked,

Even the glass to the thermometer was in tact and not broken.
This is by far the most beautiful stove I have ever seen, and now I am going to be on a mission to see if I can not find who owns it!
OHHHH how I would love to bring this home and clean it up and actually use it!
Awesome just plain awesome!!!

2 comments:

Troop 1309 said...

That is a great find! It is sad it could be used by someone or in the historical societies little musuem. I bet that house would look excellent around 3:00-4 pm, when the golden light just before sunset is out. I am doing some outside family portriats for a friend, so I have been timing the good lighting, lol.

Eric S. said...

I love it, My baby sitter used a stove just like that. I can remember feeding it wood to keep it warm in the house. There was something special about food cooked on a wood burner.

Thinking back I realize there was a lot more work involved in cook in those days.

That is an awesome find, I hope you find the owner and are able to purchase it.

Post a Comment

Howdy Hi!
I would love to hear what you have to say. Why not leave me a comment?
Allison


View Larger Map This is where I live. To the right of Westwood barely visible is the little section I live in called Pinetown. We have probably 150 to 200 people for our population. Westwood on the other hand is HUGE by comparison with a population of around 2000!
Photobucket
Add to Technorati Favorites
Help end world hunger
Added on 2-9-09


A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!

A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!
Lots of Hugz and PEACE!!!