A little background on why I named this blog what I did.

I should probably do a little explaining on my title of this blog. First my last name is White. Therefore I live in the "White House." Living in the "White House" makes me the 1st Lady. My physical address says I live in Westwood Ca. (not the one by Los Angeles) but a little mountain town in Northeastern Ca. However I really live in a section out of Westwood known as Pinetown. With all the joking going on between my friends, I inevitably became Pinetowns 1st Lady living in the "White House." With all that said, this is just going to be a more personal blog of my life here in Westwood/Pinetown. My family and friends being a big part of it.
Originally I really wanted to take a picture a day for one year and post it on this blog. Perhaps like a photo diary. My life though is quite quiet and perhaps is not photo worthy for a picture a day but I plan on trying. So why not hop in and take a ride with me through little mountain town U.S.A. You may just love it as much as I do!
Photobucket

Allison

A Beary Unexpected Post

W alking today with the intention of taking a picture of this old snow blowing train engine (I think) and car that has been "parked" now by the railroad tracks that run here in town (Westwood) for quite sometime I came across something I found to be a bit more interesting than this old train car.

Now don't get me wrong, I am and have always been captivated with trains and more so with Caboose's and engines. I also plan on taking the picture and posting the picture meant for today, tomorrow.

You see the unexpected find today for my picture(s) for today could not wait.

Walking down Ash Street I see a crowd gathering by a pick up truck. Camera in hand I went to do a check it out thing.
Below was my find.

I am not a hunter but our area is prime from what I have been told.
There was quite a crowd gathered by this truck, and trust me when I say I would have loved to take more pictures and ask PLENTY more questions.
This bear was killed using a 30-06. It has already been measured in at 7 feet 2 inches in length. The guesstimate is well over 400 LbS.
A brown bear, this is considered enormous in size for these parts as far as a kill goes by what was told to me. Greenville, Ca. is where this took place. Greenville is 21 miles from here by way of going around Lake Almanor.
I myself have only seen 2 bears since I have lived up here which is pushing 30 years. One was right at Lake Almanor and was above my head on a mountain (more a hill) . I also did a TOTALLY foolish thing that time. I ran! Dumb, dumb and dumber. I was 21 years old at the time and pregnant with my son Travis. I believe the only reason he did not give chase is I was running right towards the lake and the campground which was full of people. Another time I was by Duck Lake not far from here at all and out cutting wood. This brown bear literally just meandered right by me. He was so close and acted as if he had never even seen me (which probably kept my wits about me) which I am SURE could not be farther from the truth.
But I tell ya what ! Neither of those bears were anywhere near as big as this bear is/was!
YIKES!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy Hi!
I would love to hear what you have to say. Why not leave me a comment?
Allison


View Larger Map This is where I live. To the right of Westwood barely visible is the little section I live in called Pinetown. We have probably 150 to 200 people for our population. Westwood on the other hand is HUGE by comparison with a population of around 2000!
Photobucket
Add to Technorati Favorites
Help end world hunger
Added on 2-9-09


A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!

A great big Thank you to Cheryl for this friendship award!
Lots of Hugz and PEACE!!!